HR Anew is a full service human resources management consulting and professional services firm headquartered in Columbia, MD. Our work is grounded in innovation, thought leadership, and performance excellence as we work in collaboration with clients to recruit, develop professionally, and retain employees. To learn more about HR Anew visit our website at (www.hranew.com). Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Founded 175 years ago, our federal government client is seeking a candidate for the position of Spanish Content Contributor to embark on a part-time position in Bethesda, MD. The work will be in support of the Spanish version of a major health information/medical/research website.
Our client’s website (Spanish version of site) is a full-featured consumer health information website with hundreds of health topics, information on prescription and over-the-counter medications, thousands of encyclopedia articles with illustrations, videos, tutorials and daily syndicated news. The emphasis of this website is on quality, accuracy, currency and easy-to-read Spanish language consumer health information for Hispanic-Americans. Our client’s website (Spanish version of site) is consistently rated by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) as one of the top U.S. government news and information sites.
The major objective of this position is to provide the maintenance of a high quality, culturally appropriate, user-friendly Spanish language consumer website. The focus of this work will be on providing workflow quality assurance and maintenance of client website (Spanish version of site) topic pages, finding, evaluating and organizing new content and disseminating client website (Spanish version of site) resources, products, tools, and messages to their audience using social media platforms.
The duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
• Review and evaluate health information to determine if it meets the quality guidelines to be linked to from our Client’s en español site. Add or edit information in the Client’s content management system. Maintain high quality database entries according to our Client’s procedures. There are approximately 15 data fields in our Client’s content management system for each item on a health topic page. Recommend changes, updates, corrections and new entries for these pages based on Client’s quality guidelines.
• Conduct review of our Client’s en español site health topic pages. This process, called “topic review” involves looking at the overall topic page through a module in our Client’s content management system to determine if the grouping of links on the page is appropriate in depth and breadth. Also, each link must be checked to ensure it still contains up-to-date information and to see if the information on that page has changed in a way that conflicts with our Client’s quality guidelines or if it should be categorized differently on the topic page. It also involves searching for new information appropriate to include on that topic page. Complete data entry related to the changes. Suggest new sites and features for inclusion in our Client’s en español site.
• Review, select, index and publish daily health news from syndicated health news providers.
• Monitor organizations providing trusted health information to stay aware of new or changed content. Our Client will provide guidance on which organizations to monitor and on the procedures.
• Contribute to tweets for our Client’s Twitter feed and write content for the Client’s “Qué hay de nuevo: Anuncios y páginas recomendadas” page.
• Assist with other maintenance activities for our Client’s en español site.
REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES):
• Must be able to read, write and speak both Spanish and English in a business/professional setting and at the consumer level. Professional experience in a bilingual setting is desired. Native Spanish speaker preferred.
• Has working knowledge of or a particular interest in the U.S. Hispanic community.
• Experience with or interest in consumer-level health information, health, wellness or the biomedical sciences. Awareness of culturally-appropriate Spanish for the U.S. Hispanic community.
• Understanding about the important of accuracy with health information.
• At least one year of experience with evaluating or working with health information.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team.
• Ability to follow rigorous and complex procedures.
• Must have close attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a database or content management system. Training in the system will be provided, but the individual must have a high comfort level learning systems, inputting data, and searching or using other available tools from the system.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.
• Requires a master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (or from a master’s level program in library and information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate national body of another country.)
HR Anew offers competitive compensation and employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401K, vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, holidays, 401K, life insurance AD&D insurance, and more. EOE. For immediate consideration, apply online at
HR Anew conducts reference checks, background investigations, and/or skills testing; and maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace.