Don’t ignore this opportunity because it is in North Dakota! North Dakota has clean air, great people, and the cost of living is reasonable. Minot has an active arts community, with a symphony orchestra, a chamber chorale, and a community theater, as well as Minot State University. For the outdoors enthusiast, the Minot area has great hunting, fishing, birding, cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and hiking. Great local attractions include a top-notch zoo, the Scandinavian Heritage Park, the Norsk Hostfest (North America’s largest Scandinavian festival), and the city hosts the North Dakota State Fair. The comprehensive fringe benefit packing includes employer-paid full family coverage for health insurance, TIAA-CREF retirement, and tuition waiver benefits.
For full description and online application, go to: http://tinyurl.com/mkub3c4
The University of North Dakota Library of the Health Sciences invites applications for the Northwest Clinical Campus Librarian, to provide clinical outreach services for the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
In each quadrant of the state, the regional clinical campuses in Bismarck, Minot, Fargo and Grand Forks coordinate the clinical training of medical students at 35 affiliated hospitals and clinics. This librarian is also the director of the medical library at Trinity Health in Minot.
Specific duties include:
As Director of the Trinity Health Library
· Overall management of library operations at the Trinity Health Library
· Manage the library’s resources: review subscriptions and electronic licenses, evaluate new products, and decide on retention and new acquisitions
· Develop content for the library’s website
· Provide reference, research and information services to Trinity clientele
As Northwest Clinical Campus Librarian
· Provide instructional services to medical school affiliated students, faculty and residents
· Provide reference, research and information services to medical school affiliated students, faculty and residents
· Assist users with current technologies and their applications
· Promote outreach services and training to clinical faculty, health sciences students, health professionals, and health consumers in the northwest quadrant of North Dakota
Minimum qualifications required:
· Master’s in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program
· 2 years post-master’s experience in a hospital or academic library
· Knowledge of general library procedures, such as interlibrary loan, cataloging, and acquisitions management
· Knowledge of database searching strategies
· Demonstrated presentation skills
· Familiarity with principles of information literacy
· Proficient in Microsoft applications
· Experience using mobile devices, social networking, and other forms of technology
· Familiar with current and emerging technologies used in a clinical environment
· Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
· Strong service orientation
· Valid driver’s license
· Satisfactory criminal background check
· Knowledge of medical education, clinical care, and research and the information resources needed to support them
· Medical reference experience, including database searching, especially PubMed;
· Knowledge of evidence-based health care;
· One year of supervisory experience
· Experience teaching information literacy skills and subject-specific research skills
· Experience creating online learning tools
· Member of the Academy of Health Information Professionals
· Educational background in the health or life sciences
Hiring salary range: $48,000-$55,000; starting salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Complete job description and online application at http://tinyurl.com/mkub3c4
Include cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and contact information for three job-related references.
Applications received by 5:00 p.m. February 15, 2015, will receive first consideration.
Position open until filled.