OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Product Analyst is a key contributor in all aspects of the product planning and development process. The Analyst works with the Technical Product Manager for Data Ingest to execute the data ingest development roadmap, but reports to the section manager within data ingest operations supporting the Metadata Line of Business. The Analyst is embedded with the operations team to guarantee command of the details and alignment with team goals and productivity.
This role includes understanding the complete workflow for the operations and product staff responsible for Data Ingest.
- Understanding the basic needs of OCLC’s member institutions and how Data Ingest supports the institutions’ needs
- Understanding the complete workflow for the operations and product staff responsible for Data Ingest
- Plays an active role in taking dataloading tools & processes from current state to target state
- Ensures data ingest processes, instructions, customer facing materials and dataloading tools are in sync with the requirements for OCLC’s databases
- Works closely with Data Services quality team to understand data quality issues related to Data Ingest and ensure adherence to data quality standards
- Creates the roll-out plan, communication plan, & training plan for the Data Ingest team for new technology and operational process changes
- Training Data Ingest team when processes and/or systems change along with maintaining documented dataloading instructions
- Coordinating with Sales, Marketing and Metadata Product teams
- Writing User Stories and working closely with the development teams to ensure technology initiatives addresses the highest priority needs of the Data Ingest Operations team
- Provides input to the Data Ingest Operations & Technology Roadmaps and ensures Data Ingest needs are met and teams are kept informed of changes to the Roadmap
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 2 to 4 years experience in library services or library management systems
- 2 to 4 years experience in product, project or program management
- 2 to 4 years experience in supporting online/database services, preferably in the library field
- Well developed communication and presentation skills
- Financial planning and analysis knowledge and/or applicable experience
- Experience with market analysis
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Desirable But Not Required
Knowledge of OCLC products and services
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/83znnys