A high profile position within the North Carolina library community and beyond, the NC LIVE Executive Director functions under the direction of the Executive Committee and in conjunction with the NC LIVE Librarians Council (LC). The Executive Director works with the Executive Committee and the LC to define and provide visionary and energetic leadership for the organization; to implement strategic initiatives and programs; and to seek new and innovative opportunities and funding sources in order to improve services to member libraries and their Communities of Interest. The Executive Director is also a leader among regional and national consortia, engaging in ICOLC and other collaborative library communities.
- Builds, articulates and champions the shared vision, mission and values of NC LIVE
- Leads a diverse and talented team of information professionals
- Is staff to NC LIVE Governance Council and Librarians Council
- Represents NC LIVE to the Communities of Interest, other networks and consortia, vendors, and the general public
- Collaboratively sets organizational objectives, designs products and services, and assesses effectiveness with the
- Librarians Council and advisory committees
- Manages workflows, internal controls and organizational accountability
- Oversees customer and vendor relations
- Coordinates public relations activities for NC LIVE
- Regularly meets with member librarians through formal meetings of each Community of Interest and informal library visits
- Recommends policies and establishes procedures for NC LIVE operations
- Coordinates the resource selection process, working with the Resource Advisory Committee
- Negotiates contracts for licensed resources
- Manages budgets and records for NC LIVE in accordance with Librarians Council guidelines
- Manages the staff, budget, and assets of NC LIVE to accomplish programs and projects of the organization
- Seeks external funds for NC LIVE projects as appropriate
- Leads and manages the NC LIVE Foundation, with oversight from the Foundation Board of Directors
- Regularly participates as an active and visible leader in statewide, national and international library communities
- ALA -accredited MLS or equivalent advanced degree.
- Significant and relevant management experience, including supervision of staff.
- Demonstrated success negotiating contracts for licensed resources.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing highly responsive public service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library and information resources and technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and personably, orally and in writing.
- Record of ongoing professional development.
- Experience/success in cooperative library programs and activities.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing innovative programs and services that advance organizational goals.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is very competitive, commensurate with education and experience. Position is non-tenure track faculty at the rank of Librarian. Benefits include: 24 days vacation, 12 days sick leave; State of NC preferred provider medical insurance, and state, TIAA/CREF, or other retirement options. Additional and optional dental, life, disability, deferred compensation, and legal plans are offered. Tuition waiver program for all campuses of The University of North Carolina is available. More benefits information is available at http://www.ncsu.edu/human_resources/benefits/
Application process and schedule
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; applications will be accepted until finalist candidates are selected. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. The nomination committee may invite candidates for confidential, pre-interview screenings. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. This position is available immediately; start date is negotiable.
Applicants must apply through the NC State University online employment website at https://jobs.ncsu.edu. Search in the keyword box by position number 00008191. Complete application, attach cover letter and résumé, and provide contact information for four current, professional references. For assistance with this process contact NCSU Libraries Personnel Services Office (919) 515-3522.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application and interview process please call (919) 515-3148.