We are seeking a Medical Librarian to work collaboratively with health professionals to perform a variety of professional librarian activities in areas such as reference, research assistance, outreach, instruction, collection development, website development and evidenced-based decision making.
This position is located at Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Burbank California, and serves as the lead site librarian for providing library services to 5 hospitals in the greater Los Angeles Area and requires periodic travel between sites.
As a solo librarian for a large a new regional service area the position requires working remotely and marketing new resources and services to number of local customer bases.
In this position you will:
- Contribute to the development, assessment and delivery of library programs, services and initiatives in information literacy and other areas.
- Perform opening and closing duties; provide in person library operations on a day to day basis.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of assigned library collections and eResources, which will include, but is not limited to, condition evaluation and managing resource groups.
- Serve as a representative of the library to other departments and groups; establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Instruct and assist customers in the use of the library’s equipment, catalogs, databases, public website, internet, and/or database applications; troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Provide professional information services such as reference interviews, custom literature searches and subject alerts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution, Masters in Information Science or related information or business management degree or degree in progress.
- Academic degree in biology or the natural sciences, or demonstrated equivalent gained through experience in a health sciences library.
- Ability to use computerized databases, knowledge of technologies currently used in health science libraries
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with evidence-based medicine.
- Experience teaching and demonstrating library information platforms
- Web development skills.
- Meta-data skills.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.html
As people of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit organization, employing more than 71,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area (Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon, and California). Our facilities include 33 hospitals, 447 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.