Job ID: 15500 (created 02/04/2015)
University Libraries at the University of Missouri-St. Louis seek an innovative librarian to become our Institutional Repository Librarian/Reference Librarian. This newly created position reports to the Dean of Libraries and the Head of Reference. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to plan, develop, implement, grow and maintain the Institutional Repository (IR) by promoting, disseminating and providing services that support the long term curation of scholarly output in a range of media. The Institutional Repository Librarian will build excellent relationships with faculty, administrators, technical staff, and students at the University as well as with peers at other institutions in support of the delivery of the Libraries’ scholarly communication services. This position will create policies, procedures, workflows and reports as needed.
· Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited institution at the time of appointment
· excellent oral and written communication skills
· familiarity with best practices in digital preservation
· knowledge of relevant metadata standards such as Dublin Core, METS and MODS
· outreach experience and knowledge of marketing techniques
· basic knowledge of web page design, HTML and XML
· ability to work with digital objects in various formats (text, image, audio and/or video)
· knowledge of emerging trends in digital scholarship, including open access, scholarly publishing and data sharing
· experience working in an academic library
· familiarity with current copyright issues and rights management issues in a digital environment
· experience working with an institutional repository platform/software (e. g., bepress)
· ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse community
· provide training for the campus community to use IR resources
· promote the IR to faculty
· create, organize, promote and curate digital materials
· develop and implement a long-term digital preservation program for digital scholarship
· perform reference service, instruction and collection development
· some evening and weekend work required
· other duties as assigned
Apply online at http://umsl.edu/go/BNn ; look for Institutional Repository Librarian, ID # 15500.
Please attach a resume and cover letter addressing the duties and requirements of the position. Please provide contact information, including email addresses, for three professional references.
This position is a 12 month non-tenure track faculty appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applications received by March 14, 2015, will be given first consideration. The successful candidate must undergo a criminal background check.
If you have questions regarding this position, please email Clinton Berry, Clinton@umsl.edu
The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.