Position Description: Responsible for serving as a non-supervisory, lead libraian in charge of a central or branch library staff, interpreting and enforcing library policies when the manager is not present. Also responsible for providing professional reference, information, reader’s advisory and programming services to library users.
1) Act as librarian in charge at the Central or Branch Libraries, responsible for facility and public service operations in the absence of the Manager or Supervising Librarian.
2) Resolve patron issues/complaints by adhering to library policies and procedures.
3) Provide professional reference, reader’s advisory, and programs to library users through various media.
4) Participate in the marketing and publicity efforts of library services and programs.
5) Collection development and maintenance of material for all library facilities. Carry out special projects and duties as assigned.
6) Provide assistance with electronic resources and the Internet to a large number of computer users.
7) Perform basic hardware and software troubleshooting to ensure overall computer efficiency.
8) Provide instructional classes on the Internet and other electronic resources, and present educational programs.
9) Carry out daily and weekly cash handling procedures and create statistical reports as required.
Location: Garland, Texas (Dallas area)
Employer: Nicholson Memorial Library System
Type of Library: Public
Salary Comment: $43,451.20 to $56,492.80/Annually DOQ
Education: Master’s Degree in Science from an American Library Association accredited college or university. 3 years professional library experience. 1 to 2 years experience acting a s a lead librarian in charge of a library facility, in the absence of a manager or supervising librarian. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Contact: Will Massey
Send Resume to: All applications must be submitted via the City of Garland website at www.garlandtx.gov via Employment Opportunities. Phone 972-205-2475. Fax 972-205-2706.
Special Instructions: Valid Class C Driver’s License