Founded in 1967, OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing library costs. More than 72,000 libraries in over 171 countries have used OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend, preserve and manage library materials. Researchers, students, faculty, scholars, professional librarians and other information seekers use OCLC services to obtain bibliographic, abstract and full-text information when and where they need it. OCLC and its members libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the world’s largest online database for discovery of library resources. Search WorldCat on the Web at www.worldcat.org. For more information, visit www.oclc.org.
The primary focus of the Library Services Consultant, Virtual Reference Solutions is achieving and surpassing QuestionPoint sales goals established for each fiscal year in the assigned region. The Library Services Consultant is responsible for the relationship with the account from initial contact through the development of the account for long-term mutual benefit to the account and OCLC. Due to the nature of this position travel is required at about 70% of time.
The Library Services Consultant is responsible for field sales and will work closely with the Regional Manager, Special Sales, library services consultants, product management staff, and order processing staff.
- Execute sales and promotional plans through direct field sales efforts. A library service consultant should be conducting a minimum of 20 site visits per month.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of the virtual reference landscape and applications of OCLC products and services, product line potential, and customers of the library or group (end-users).
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of library workflow, OCLC product and services, applications of the products and services, product line potential, and customers of the library or group (end-users).
- Develops territory plans/presentations by account type and by product line for use in sales to both the “decision-makers” and “operational” staff in prospect organizations. Communicates results and findings from sales calls, conferences, and meetings through established reporting mechanisms in order to contribute to market research and product development.
- Performs related and/or additional position responsibilities as required.
- Position requires at least 3-5 years direct field sales experience.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, interpersonal and relationship-building skills are a must.
- Library sales experience strongly preferred; an MLS or MBA with experience in the information industry or with library automation is a plus.
- Library reference experience a plus
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sfgfg73