The Hudson Library & Historical Society has an opening for a full time Deputy Fiscal Officer. Responsibilities include the following:
- Payroll & Fringe Benefits – Assists with the implementation of annual insurance renewals and assists in payroll processing.
- Accounts Payable – Manages accounts payable functions, including auditing of requisition and invoices, entering invoices for payments, and maintaining accounts payable files, resolves issues with vendors, and signs purchase orders and checks in the absence of the Fiscal Officer.
- Deposits and Banking – Receives, counts, balances, and deposits library funds, maintains files of deposit records, and balances bank accounts at end of each month.
- Board Secretary Duties – Performs secretarial duties for the Board of Trustees, attends all regular Board meetings, and takes and transcribes minutes.
- Administrative Duties – Acts as backup to Facilities Manager in the oversight of meeting room requests, attends all Finance Committee meetings, provides administrative support to the Fiscal Officer and Executive Director, and acts as backup to the Fiscal Officer.
- College degree in business or accounting, or a high school diploma with at least seven years of experience in job with similar responsibilities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
- Demonstrated integrity and honesty; must qualify to be bonded.
- Excellent attention to detail. Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of administrative policies governing public entity financial practices and procedures.
- Advance problem-solving skills required to address complex issues that may arise in the financial accounting of the Library. Must be able to set priorities and work independently.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion required for handling Library funds and personnel information. Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full time (38 hours/week) position with full benefits. Starting salary of $32,500. Please submit letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Hudson Library & Historical Society
96 Library Street
Hudson, OH 44236
Those received by March 6 will be given first consideration.