Under periodic supervision, is responsible for a variety of tasks involving public service and/or other various technical processes; performs related and other work as required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of full-time, paid customer service experience involving frequent interactions with the public or equivalent part-time experience where 2 years part-time experience = 1 year full-time experience.
3. Preference is given to those with prior library experience.
4. Successful completion of college coursework is highly desirable.
5. Experience working with youth is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Good knowledge of:
1. computers and various software (Word, email, Internet, data entry).
1. learn Dewey Decimal system, automated library system, and electronic and printed materials, resources and databases;
2. learn and follow library principles, policies and procedures;
3. understand and follow written and oral instructions;
4. use resourcefulness, tact, courtesy, and respect in dealing professionally with library patrons, vendors, and employees;
5. make decisions based on established policies and practices;
6. create and maintain courteous, pleasant impressions of the library;
7. establish good patron and staff rapport;
8. be flexible in dealing with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, sit, twist, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, squat, kneel, and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds. Employee must frequently push and/or pull loaded book carts weighing up to 75 pounds.
Primary assignment in Youth Services Department but will be cross-trained and may assist in other departments as needed.
Youth Services: performs youth services, consulting with the Youth Services Librarian; conducts or assists with children’s/young adult’s programming on Mondays and Thursdays and with school visits to the library; assists with displays in the Youth Services area.
Information Services duties: Answers telephone; provides general information; refers patrons to proper department; provides reference/readers’ advisory assistance; assists patrons in the selection of materials and the use of other library facilities and services; answers routine questions; assists patrons with various computer applications; may teach computer classes.
Circulation: Charges, discharges and renews books and other materials; registers new patrons; updates registration records; pulls and processes request books; takes interlibrary loan requests.
Shelving: Empties book drop; assists with filing and sorting; shelves materials; straightens books and materials on shelves; reads shelves for proper order; searches for lost materials; requires ability to stoop, bend and push heavy book carts.
Finance duties: Assesses and collects fines for overdue materials and payment for lost materials from patrons; makes change for patrons; collects payment for printing and faxing.
Professional Development: Attends monthly staff meetings; meets monthly with supervisor for work plan meeting; attends other meetings as necessary.
Performs other duties as required.
PRESENT SCHEDULE [subject to change without notice]:
Monday – Tuesday: 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday – Tuesday: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Will work some Sundays on a rotational basis.
March 5, 2015
Two (2) weeks after selection
$10.87/hour + benefits
All interviews are conducted on-site, in person. No interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype. A criminal background check and a drug screening are part of the pre-hire process. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, religion, age, non-job related disability, genetics, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. Our facilities are non-smoking.