MCSchool is seeking for a qualified Librarian for the school year 2015 -2016
ABOUT THE POSITION:
MCSchool is a private, American-type school located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. . The school strives to create life-long learners who acquire the skills, values, confidence, and knowledge to live in a changing multi-cultural society. MCSchool serves grades Nido (1 year olds) through-12th grade. Instruction is conducted in English, except for subjects required by the Dominican Ministry of Education. MCSchool is accredited by US-based AdvancED, and is a member of the IRC, The Tri-Associations and the Association of Colombian-Caribbean American Schools (ACCAS).
This position is a full-time position with MCSchool. We are looking for a librarian who is knowledgeable, experienced, creative, self-motivated, team-oriented, flexible, exhibits leadership, integrity and the values promoted by the institution, and willing to grow and develop both as a professional and as an individual.
To learn more about MCSchool, find us on the web at http://www.mcschool.edu.do
- Bachelor’s Degree/ in Education and a Masters in Library Science/ Library Media Specialist from an accredited college/university.
- Experience with collection development, curriculum and library management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach library skills to preschool and elementary students.
- Collaborate with Middle/High School teachers to support research.
- Maintain circulation system
- Update MARC records
- Support the implementation of the school curriculum with the library resources.
- Promote 21st Century skills and communication.
- Implement existing technology
- Update resources to support teaching and learning
- Construct an environment that inspires students to become life-long learners.
- Other duties and responsibilities outlined in the staff handbook (provided upon hiring).
Apply by submitting the following documents via email or fax to: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-809-548-6128. On our homepage by clicking the “Get Informed” tab and “Work with Us.”
1. MCSchool Employment Application Form
2. Current resume
3. Cover letter stating interest in position, qualifications, skills and experience
4. Teacher Questionnaire
*Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.