Darlington County Library System seeks a dynamic, creative, innovative, outgoing, positive, and flexible individual to manage the Darlington Branch location. A successful branch manager is one who is a leader willing to meet and engage the residents of a diverse community, provide exceptional customer service, and create an outstanding library. Excellent communication skills, a passion for working with people, and a love of libraries and technology is essential.
The position is a Grade 20 exempt full time (37.5 hours) job with a beginning salary of $33,098, plus benefits. The branch manager reports to the Director.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited institution with a minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a library, OR
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of supervisory experience in a library or at least five years of library experience, OR
- Any combination of education and at least seven years of library experience and progressive responsibility.
- A candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively, create and maintain a positive work environment, and effectively manage working relationships with customers, employees, supervisors, and the community.
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office products is required.
- A candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes weeknights, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license and be able to obtain a S.C. State Library Pre-Professional Certification.
How to Apply:
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Apply in the Darlington County Administrator’s Office, 1 Public Square, Room 210 (Courthouse), Darlington, SC 29532 or obtain an application online at http://www.Darcosc.com/onlineforms/employmentapplication.pdf and then mail it to above address or email it to Ginger Winburn at email@example.com.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume with their application. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.