This is a 100% CAREER position with the UC Davis Health System, Department of Information Technology, IT Applications located in SACRAMENTO, CA.
Working hours are M-F, 8-5.
This position is not represented by a union.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED. INTERVIEWS MAY BE HELD AFTER 3/16/15
THIS IS NOT AN H-1B OPPORTUNITY
The position will manage the enhancement, maintenance, and operational support of the Epic Clinical Applications including Epic Radiant (Radiology Information System), Epic OpTime and Anesthesia (Surgical and Anesthesia Information Systems), and Epic Home Care (Hospice and Home Health). The position will also manage the implementation of new Epic Clinical Systems, new clinical applications and third party systems related to Epic’s Clinical applications and the optimization and execution of the UCDHS IT systems strategic plan. This includes all aspects of operational support and systems implementation from managing urgent system fixes, application upgrades and requirements gathering, analysis and design, configuration and testing, and deployment and support of various healthcare clinical system applications. The position works with department administrators, managers and staff in Patient Care Services, Clinical Chairs, Ambulatory Operations, Clinical Operations, Perioperative Services, Ancillary Departments, Clinical Engineering and HIM, cross functional teams, and subject matter experts throughout the health system delivery process. Past work experience leading Heath Care clinical system implementations are highly desired including Epic Radiant, OpTime, Anesthesia, Home Care, or Epic Care Inpatient or Ambulatory Systems. The position reports to the Epic Applications Manager of UC Davis Health System’s Information Technology Applications department.
- Experience with the optimization, enhancement and support of Epic Clinical Applications.
- Experience to create, maintain and drive Epic Clinical Applications and third party project plans and schedules.
- Skills to generate and maintain project documents including build specifications, test plans and client sign-offs.
- Experience in supervision/leadership and human resource management to hire, assign and direct work, evaluate and reward performance, transfer or promote, suspend, layoff/recall, discharge, or otherwise discipline career staff employees.
- Skills to work with Management on project budgeting, expense tracking, contracting and invoicing.
- Relevant certifications related to Information Technology and Project Management
- College degree in computer science, or similar areas strongly preferred
- At ten years of Information Technology Project Implementation experience
- Epic application current certification strongly preferred
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: