The University of Missouri has an immediate opening for an Information Services Librarian within the J. Otto Lottes Health Sciences Library.
Principal duties include:
· providing reference services, literature searching, user education, and personal file management consultation
· coordinating and scheduling information desk and virtual reference services
· training and supervision of Graduate Library Assistants
· serving as liaison to the hospital, providing leadership on library participation in local health care quality improvement initiatives
· coordinating the practicum program for the library.
The J. Otto Lottes Health Sciences Library serves the University of Missouri Health System, a comprehensive academic health center that includes MU School of Medicine, MU Sinclair School of Nursing, MU School of Health Professions, and MU Health Care, with a workforce of over 8000 people.
MU Health Care consistently receives recognition as a leader in providing high-quality health care services. In 2014, MU Health Care was ranked among the top hospitals in the state by U.S. News and World Report, and eight adult specialties were recognized as “high performing”.
The Health Sciences Library is one of 7 regional libraries in the Midcontinental Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. It is part of a campus library system known collectively as MU Libraries. The MU Libraries belong to the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA), and the statewide MOBIUS consortium.
For additional information, please visit the MU Libraries webpage at http://library.missouri.edu/about/employment/employopp/.
Apply for this position online at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php/ with Job ID 15830. Preference for applications received by April 10, 2015. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
May 2015 graduates are welcome to apply.