This Research Librarian position requires independent and collaborative action as a faculty member of Ellender Memorial Library at Nicholls State University. As the library is a service-oriented institution for the university, any candidate must be approachable and communicative while maintaining the professionalism due to a tenure-track librarian.
- Collection development: selecting books, journals, electronic books, and other materials relevant to the library’s mission and the librarian’s liaison duties.
- Reference service to patrons such as: students, faculty and staff, retirees, and members of the public. These duties currently comprise 15 hours per week, including one evening shift. Additionally, a successful candidate must be available to work one Sunday per month during the semester.
- Cooperation with other library departments and personnel in order to provide high levels of patron satisfaction.
- Bibliographic instruction across a range of disciplines and administration of appropriate assessments to evaluate teaching.
- Competency in latest technologies. This is not limited to software proficiency but also database updates and modifications.
- Progress toward tenure. This may be accomplished through writing for peer-reviewed publications and presenting at professional conferences, among other opportunities.
- Participation in committee work at the library, university, professional, or community level, either as a member or an officer.
- Additional projects as the Co-Directors assign.
- Masters degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
- Preferred requirements: one or more years in the effective provision of research assistance and bibliographic instruction to patrons, including information desk duty and liaison collection development duties.
This is a 12 month, tenure track faculty level position. The anticipated salary is $40,500.
To apply visit http://jobs.nicholls.edu/.