The Jackson State Community College Library (JSCC) in Jackson, Tennessee is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Catalog/Reference Librarian. The librarian will team with the cataloging assistant on cataloging and work with other librarians on instruction and reference. The job involves the use of technology in all aspects of the work. The Catalog/Reference Librarian will also serve as an embedded librarian in some online classes. The Catalog/Reference Librarian will be part of a team with 2 other librarians and 2 support staff.
Jackson State Community College is an innovator with many different technological initiatives. Librarians are able to attend Emobilization days held on campus and receive training through the Distance Education department. Librarians are encouraged to attend conferences and participate in continuing education activities.
The Jackson State Community College Library is a member of the West Tennessee Academic Library Consortium which encompasses all college and university libraries in the region.
The Library is part of the Academic Support group and works closely with all areas such as the Academic Assistance Center, Distance Education and Writing Center.
Job Announcement link: http://www.jscc.edu/job-detail.php?job=153
Facts about Jackson, Tennessee:
· Jackson is located 85 miles from Memphis and 129 miles from Nashville directly on I-40. Jackson is a town of roughly 70,000 people. There are 3 other colleges and universities in town.
· Jackson is a city with a strong Arts community, including the Jackson Symphony, the Ned McWherter Center for the Arts, Ballet Arts and the Jackson Arts Council.
· The Jackson-Madison County Public Library offers many services including ebooks through Overdrive and many special programs during the year.
· The Jackson-Madison County School system has just announced an Early College program in conjunction with Jackson State Community College. There are several magnet schools in town.
· There is a Seattle Mariners AA minor league baseball team in Jackson.
· The Casey Jones Museum celebrates Jackson’s history as a railroad center.
· The nationally known Discovery Park of America is an hour away.