This is a great opportunity for an energetic and service-oriented librarian to join our team and lead the library’s mission-based outreach to our clinical partners. Develop and deliver information skills training and library services to support clinical research, patient care, and teaching and learning. Work in a collegial and fast-paced environment to promote library resources and services in support of the information needs of the Stritch School of Medicine, the Marcella Neihoff School of Nursing and the Loyola University Medical Center. Use your imagination and your outstanding professional skills to define and shape clinical service for our current partners and in partnership with the Research Librarian for the Clinical Translational Research and Education Center slated to open in 2016.
* Design and deliver clinical information services and instruction to support clinicians, residents, fellows, researchers, faculty, and students and interprofessional practice
* Work independently and as a member of the Information Services team on a busy health sciences campus
* Join an organizational culture that values flexibility, a sense of humor, diversity, collaboration, innovation, and initiative.
* Build upon existing relationships within the clinical enterprise and use your outstanding communication skills to seek out new opportunities and cultivate new relationships
* ALA-accredited MLS, two years of academic or health sciences library experience
* Outstanding written, verbal, and technology skills
* Demonstrated experience in the use of biomedical resources, clinical decision-making tools and citation management software
About Loyola University Chicago – Health Sciences Division
Loyola University Chicago is a nationally recognized urban university founded in 1870 in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. The Health Sciences Library located in Maywood, IL, supports nursing, medical, graduate biomedical, bioethics, and public health education and the Loyola University Medical Center.
Loyola University Chicago benefits package includes tuition remission. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Please complete the application here and include names of three references. Salary is available upon request
Loyola is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer/educator and is committed to a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.