Zayed University’s Library and Learning Commons seeks an Information Literacy Coordinator for our Dubai campus. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Information Literacy Coordinator at our Abu Dhabi campus to lead and strengthen information literacy programming efforts on campus. Reporting to the Associate Director of the Library and Learning Commons, the Information Literacy Coordinator also serves as a liaison to the University College, the campus unit responsible for providing the general education curriculum.
• Co-Lead the Library’s efforts to develop pedagogically effective learning experiences for students in collaboration with librarians, teaching faculty and other relevant campus partners.
• Design learning objects, employing appropriate technologies, to support student mastery of the Information Literacy ZULO (Zayed University Learning Objective).
• Provide support, direction and professional development for library colleagues on new trends and developments in instructional technologies and approaches to information literacy development.
• Collect and analyze data on library instruction and student information literacy development for program improvement.
• Participate in the provision of reference services, including some weekends and evenings.
• Serve as a liaison to the University College; engaging in collection development, providing reference and research consultations for students and faculty and participating in discipline-specific information literacy programming.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of subject guides, user aids and the LLC’s website.
• Participate in the planning and development of LLC policies and services and serve on LLC and University committees as appropriate.
• Engage in professional research and development.
• M.L.I.S. from an ALA accredited program or equivalent.
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience in an academic library setting, including teaching experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of instructional design principles.
• Experience with the assessment of student learning and program evaluation.
• Experience in providing faculty and staff development programming.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally-diverse environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively. Project or team management experience desirable.
• Fluency in English required. Arabic language skills desirable.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive; it includes a competitive, income tax-free salary in the United Arab Emirates, housing allowance, and annual vacation ticket.
In addition to completing the basics of the online application form, kindly attach a cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to the position, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
For the full position announcement, please see: http://tinyurl.com/dubaiinfolit