Working in cooperation with the joint supervisors, development personnel from the University Libraries, and representatives of the University of Arizona Foundation, the Director of Development will lead, direct and manage all development activities of the University of Arizona Libraries and University Press. The DDO works directly with major gift prospects of the University Libraries to secure gifts of $25,000 or more and to further the goals and objectives of the Libraries. Supervises an Administrative Associate. Requires travel on a regular basis throughout Arizona and other regions, including overnight stays. Will be required to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary to cultivate and solicit donor prospects.
Why Work at the University Libraries? Visit www.library.arizona.edu/about/employment/why.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university program.
* Three to five (3-5) years of development experience or appropriate transferable skills, preferably in higher education.
* Demonstrated knowledge of development and fundraising principles and procedures, with emphasis on cultivating and closing major gifts.
* Experience working with volunteers, faculty, staff and students.
* Experience managing programs and development events.
* A valid driver’s license.
Salary: DOE; Benefits: Eligible for full University of Arizona benefits.
Open Until Filled; Application Reviews Begin: 5/8/15 (and continues until filled).
See complete details on the posting and apply via UA CareerTrack: https://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=216041.
The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA Employer-M/W/D/V.