The Library is looking for someone with extensive knowledge and experience in collection management, and a strong track record in change management.
The Group Manager, Collections leads the strategic development and maintenance of our collections and provides access to State Library customers as described in the State Library’s Strategic Plan. This role is part of the Library Services Leadership Group, and works closely with the Associate Director, Library Services; Group Manager, Customers; and Group Manager, Online and ICT Services. There is also a close relationship with the Finance Manager; Coordinator, Resources and Records; and Manager, Corporate Resources. The Collections Group comprises three functional areas – collections development, processing, and preservation and maintenance.
Formulate and develop strategy, plans and strategic partnerships based on high-level professional expertise and experience that support State Library operations and align with State Library’s Strategic Plan objectives, including:
- Apply high level expertise and operational experience to the development and implementation of strategy, plans, policies and processes
- Collaborate on strategy and policy matters as a member of the Leadership Group for Library Services
- Provide high level and strategic leadership on complex and critical issues, risks and opportunities
- Identify and analyse and respond to unresolved or emerging issues of significant complexity and political sensitivity
- Determine State Library operational standards for the contemporary management of archive and heritage collections, and lead the evaluation of the effectiveness of collections functions
- Provide specialist advice on the lifecycle of materials, including the legislative requirements in regards to legal deposit which the State Library manages on behalf of the South Australian Government
Lead the formulation, development and implementation of the Group’s business plan by:
- Overseeing the transition of completed projects from development to ongoing sustainable delivery
- Identifying, managing and evaluating allocated resources against organisational objectives
- Delivery of project outcomes of the Collections Group
- Responsible for the leadership, performance, development and recognition of group members, particularly direct reports
- Represent the South Australian Government nationally and internationally on high level government and industry committees and working parties, to promote, influence and advocate for the position of the agency and the Government
- Promote the State Library’s collections and services to internal and external clients
- Provide expert, authoritative and responsive leadership, direction and guidance to team members, to ensure the delivery of high quality outcomes for critical functions and activities
- As part of the leadership group, drive a positive and interactive workplace culture, and initiate, present, facilitate and play an active role in activities to achieve this
- Provide a challenging and rewarding work environment, and identify and address staff training needs.
Eligibility for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association or equivalent as determined by OPE.
To access a copy of the Role Statement, please visit: https://apply.sa.gov.au/jobs/Pages/JobsSA.aspx
and quote vacancy number (2015-3314).
For further role enquiries please contact Mr Shane Cathcart, Associate Director, Library Services on 8207 7339 or email email@example.com
To apply for the position applicants are required to submit their Cover Letter and CV including three professional referees to Applications.SLSA@slsa.sa.gov.au
Applications close 15 May 2015.