Qatar National Library has a new opening for a Senior Information Services Librarian (School Aged Children) position, if interested please send me your CV to Sandra Montesinos firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Team Leader, to utilize specialized experience and knowledge of children’s developmental, sociological, and informational needs to develop, implement, and assess programs, services, and collections for school aged children, ages 5-11.
Key Result Areas:
· Plan, present, and evaluate programs, activities, and workshops for school aged children, ages 5-11.
· Assist this age group with their reference, informational, and reader’s advisory requests through regular shifts in the Children’s Library.
· Plan, present, and evaluate programs, activities, and opportunities for ages 5- 11 that encourage reading, learning, and creativity in order to develop lifelong learners and innovators.
· Develop, provide and participate in outreach services to schools and other groups.
· Develop the library collection in assigned subject areas by searching for, identifying, evaluating and selecting relevant materials through the application of standard library collection development methodologies in conjunction with the Collection Development policy and library procedures.
· Develop print and virtual resources to support literacy, reading, and teaching and learning activities.
· Maintain regular interaction with this age group, parents, and educators to determine user needs.
· Develop displays in order to highlight and interpret the library’s collections and services.
· Continuously explore new applications of pedagogy and technology in order to design and deliver active learning, critical thinking and learner collaboration
· Serve on designated committees throughout the library
· Contribute to the profession by publishing, presenting and / or participating in professional organizations
· Keep abreast of developments, trends and issues in all areas of responsibility
· Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Master’s degree in Library or Information Science accredited by the American Library Association or foreign equivalent, and a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to children is required
· 3 years of professional library experience
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in both oral and written English and Arabic. (Native speakers of Arabic is re required to have high IELTS or TOFEL scores)
· Good interpersonal and people skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
· Proficiency in MS Office applications