HealthPort is currently seeking qualified professionals for a Release of Information Specialist I to process medical records requests at a local hospital facility.
This is an entry level position responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Administrative experience in an office setting; previous release of information, medical records, or other related experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Proven customer service experience and/or training.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and technology as required by the member facility including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies & procedures and HIPAA regulations and to complete work in compliance of these and other standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple, healthcare terminology.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work professionally, effectively, and efficiently in a team environment with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma (GED) required
- A minimum of an Associates’ Degree in healthcare related discipline desired
- Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry, office equipment and procedures required.