Lippincott Library of the Wharton School Internship
Availability: one year long position currently available
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week. Some weekend and evening hours required.
The University of Pennsylvania’s Lippincott Library seeks a creative, energetic intern to join our research and information services team. Lippincott Library is the business library which operates as an integral part of the Penn Libraries system and provides research services and information resources for the Wharton School. Recent interns have gone on the work at Cornell, Princeton and Villanova, as well as public and special libraries.
- Providing reference and research services to students, staff and faculty
- Assist team of professional librarians with projects relating to:
- Research impact assessments
- New technologies and resources
- Workshops and presentations
- Online tutorials and courseware
- Research guides
- Program and service evaluation
- Contribute to the library’s social media accounts
- Current graduate student in an ALA-accredited graduate degree program in library or information science.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Service orientation.
- Interest in business information.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of:
Please write “Lippincott Library Internship” in the subject line.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.