Ochsner Health System, New Orleans
The Medical Librarian provides quality clinical and scholarly information services to meet the needs of the Ochsner medical staff, residents, students, and patients; assumes responsibility for implementing all duties of the medical library and its staff; handles information and reference services including online literature searches; coordinates document delivery services and interlibrary loan requests; oversees acquisition and management of electronic and print materials for circulating, reference, and special collections; manages the systems and technology for cataloging and accessing medical library materials and resources; and works closely with the other medical librarians, medical library staff, and the medical library Advisory Board to support the clinical information needs of the Ochsner system.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Provides proactive, customer-oriented, Information search services to medical staff, employees, and patients
• Implements resource collection development that reflects Ochsner system and medical library goals and objectives
• Monitors and supports maintenance of technology and medical library website to facilitate access of electronic and online resources
• Collaborates with medical library staff, Advisory Board, and UGME/GME team to support information, research and education needs of the Ochsner system
WHAT WE SEEK
• Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or from a master’s level program in library and information studies accredited or recognized by the appropriate national body of another country
• Three or more years in a medical, corporate or special collections library with electronic health sciences information resources and services
• Previous experience should include conducting research information searches, managing library technology applications, general bibliographic instruction, Internet training, and familiarity with use of document management systems
• Self-directed, and possesses a high level of interpersonal skills
• Skills to complete work with little supervision, organize work, manage time, and meet deadlines, interact with other personnel in a professional manner, accept supervision when required, use appropriate references and other resources, use good judgment, and function calmly in pressure situations
• Exhibits problem-solving experience and the skills to communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and personably in both a team environment and individually
• Participation in the Medical Library Association
• Full or provisional membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals and active
• Experience with ILLiad, SirsiDynix Symphony, and PubMed
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system with 19 hospitals owned, managed, and affiliated and over 50 health centers in Louisiana and Mississippi. Ochsner has been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 18 consecutive years and is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a “Best Hospital” across eight specialty categories. Ochsner employs more than 16,000 employees, over 2,500 affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 750 clinical research studies annually.
The Medical Library is located in Ochsner’s main campus on Jefferson Highway.
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.