Blanchard Branch Library
344 Alexander St.
Blanchard, LA 71009
Part-time position, 30 hours/week, non-exempt
SUMMARY: Under periodic supervision, this individual is responsible for a variety of tasks involving public service. Employees will acquire skills needed through on-the-job training. This individual performs related and other work as required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of paid, full-time equivalent customer service experience involving frequent interactions with the public (2 years part-time experience = 1 year full-time experience).
3. Preference will be given to those with an ALA-accredited Library Support Staff Certification (LSSC).
4. Preference will be given to those with prior library experience.
5. Successful completion of college coursework is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good knowledge of:
computers and various software (Word, email, Internet, data entry).
1. use Dewey Decimal system;
2. use integrated library system, and electronic and printed materials, resources and databases;
3. learn and follow library principles, policies and procedures;
4. understand and follow written and oral instructions;
5. use resourcefulness, tact, courtesy, and respect in dealing professionally with library patrons, employees, and vendors;
6. make decisions based on established policies and practices;
7. create and maintain courteous, pleasant impressions of the library;
8. establish good patron and staff rapport;
9. deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously;
10. plan and present programs to targeted audience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, twist, talk, hear, and use hands to reach for, finger, grasp, handle, feel and/or operate objects, tools, or controls. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally to frequently, required to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, squat, kneel, and crawl. The employee must occasionally to frequently lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds, frequently to constantly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds. Employee must frequently to constantly push and/or pull loaded book carts and/or boxes of materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
1. Information Services: Assists patrons in the selection of materials and the use of other library equipment, services, and/or special collections; answers routine questions; takes interlibrary loan requests; assists patrons in the use of databases, digital resources, Internet usage, software applications and hardware configuration; may conduct computer classes; may plan and/or provide programming to various target audiences; may conduct and attend community outreach programs; may give library tours and provide instruction in the use of the library facilities and services; may coordinate displays and promotional signage.
2. Circulation: Charges, discharges, and renews library materials; registers new borrowers, updates registration records, pulls and processes request materials; takes interlibrary loan requests.
3. Finances: Assesses and collects fines for overdue materials and payment for lost materials from patrons; makes change for patrons; collects and records payment for printing and faxing; counts money on a rotational basis.
4. Shelving: Empties book drop; assists with filing & sorting; shelves library materials; straightens library materials on shelves; reads shelves for proper order; searches for lost library materials.
5. Reports: Assists in the preparation of reports and maintenance of records.
6. Professional Development: Attends staff meetings; meets monthly with supervisor for work plan meeting; attends other meetings as necessary.
7. May open and/or close building in the absence of the Branch Manager.
8. Performs other duties as required.
PRESENT SCHEDULE [subject to change without notice]:
Monday & Wednesday: 11:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 11:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
June 25, 2015
Two (2) weeks after selection
$10.87/hour + benefits
All interviews are conducted on-site, in person. No interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype. A criminal background check and a drug screening are part of the pre-hire process. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Our facilities are non-smoking. June 18, 2015