|INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN LIBRARIAN|
|Posted:||Jun 17, ’15|
About SUNY Cobleskill:
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative faculty to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in more than fifty programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty who are committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Working collaboratively with faculty and students, the Instructional Design Librarian will ensure a meaningful Library presence in both online and face-to-face courses. They will be responsible for mediating the intersection of information literacy instruction, instructional design and learning technologies; and for providing leadership in effective teaching pedagogy. This is a 12-month tenure track position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Library’s information literacy program; conducting online and face-to-face instructional sessions using current and emerging technologies.
- Serve as a key member of the Center of Excellence in Learning & Teaching (CELT) team to facilitate creation of Library initiatives to support online learning, including development of the Library’s presence in the College’s course management system.
- Develop and share best practices for innovative teaching techniques and teaching information literacy across multiple platforms.
- Participate in reference services including some nights and weekends.
- Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments.
- A Master’s degree in Librarianship/Information Sciences from an ALA accredited program.
- Experience teaching information literacy sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use emerging library and teaching/learning technologies, including course management systems.
- Academic background, coursework or relevant experience in instructional design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create online media using tools such as Camtasia and Adobe Captivate.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm for forwarding the mission of the College and the Library.
- Previous work experience in an academic library setting.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design or Education, or comparable specialization.
- Instructional experience with online course management systems.
- Experience leading an information literacy program.
- Experience providing academic reference services.
- Experience creating LibGuides.
- Experience working with first year experience programs.
- Advanced assessment knowledge.
- Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
Applications received by July 17, 2015 will be given first consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Completed application consists of the following:
- Letter of application, addressing qualifications for this position and alignment with college values.
- Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired).
- Current CV, with names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references.