Dell has been providing Information Management (IM) services to its customers for over 15 years. Today Dell provides information management services to over 50 active customers across various industries. Recognizing that effective use of data by an organization is what is going to differentiate it from competition and help them succeed in this digital age, Dell has established the Information Management practice within Dell as part of the Business Intelligence and Analytics group. The other practices in this group are Business Intelligence & Performance Management, Advanced Analytics and Big Data.
The charter of the IM practice is to enable a robust and forward looking information fabric for organizations that can be used to run their business processes efficiently and use data for making informed decisions. The key IM disciplines addressed by this practice are:
• IM Strategy
• Data Architecture
• Data Governance
• Data Integration
• Data Migration
• Metadata Management
• Data Quality
• Master Data Management
• Enterprise Data Warehousing
• Information Lifecycle Management
The IM practice is responsible for evaluating IM market trends and demands, developing Dell’s point of view (POV) on relevant topics, continually enhancing Dell’s technology capabilities and positioning these capabilities to Dell’s customers, partners, sales and project teams.
In this role, you will be expected to provide subject matter expertise on Information Lifecycle Management and Data Integration concepts, techniques, architectures and technologies. This is a senior role and requires working across teams with an objective of building capabilities for Dell in above mentioned areas, positioning these internally and externally, industry and technology solution conceptualization and build, and contribute to the overall growth and advancement of Dell’s Information Management business. You will also be supporting the sales teams in opportunity pursuits and lead consulting engagements at client locations.
– Conceptualize relevant service offerings that can address market demand and build capabilities in ILM disciplines. Capability development in a given offering will include developing approaches, architectures, methodologies, best practices, technical artifacts etc
– Play an advisory role to customers and prospects and provide thought leadership & execution direction
– Lead ILM engagements at customer locations. Manage internal and external stakeholders in doing so.
– Provide assistance to sales team in opportunity pursuit and closure. Assist pre-sales teams in solution definition and proposal development
– Assist in defining, positioning, promoting, and gaining acceptance on Point of Views pertaining to Information Lifecycle Management.
– Provide solutions to customers that are both of distinctive quality and useful to the client in terms of improving their competitive position
– Total IM experience of over 8 years with the last 3 years in ILM disciplines
– Strong concepts in Information Lifecycle Management with at least one engagement each in Data Archival, and Test Data Management
– Three years of more hands on experience on Informatica ILM, Solix, IBM Optim and/or other leading industry ILM technologies. Three years of more hands on experience on popular ETL tools such as Informatica IBM Infosphere DataStage, ODI etc
– Certifications in relevant technologies will be an added advantage
– Demonstrable experience as an Information Architect
– Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and group facilitation capabilities. Superior problem solving and decision-making capabilities
– Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling techniques, data warehousing design and concepts, balanced scorecard design, and design of dashboards and KPIs will be advantageous
– Proven customer facing experience in both pre-sales and delivery. Ability to conceptualize clients’ needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
– Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job: Services IT – Solutions Architecture
Primary Location: North America-US-TX-Plano
Shift: Day Job
APPLY FOR THIS JOB