Biomedical Library Internship
Availability: one year long position currently available
Hours: Flexible: 20 hours per week, within 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Overview: The University of Pennsylvania Biomedical Library seeks an energetic Intern to join our Information Services team. The Biomedical Library operates as integral part of the Penn Libraries system and provides cutting-edge research services and information resources for the University of Pennsylvania Health System; the Perelman School of Medicine, including Biomedical Graduate Studies; the School of Nursing; masters programs, including the interdisciplinary MPH; and the Department of Biology. The Intern participates as a full member of our information services team and receives mentoring by our seasoned team of professional librarians.
- Provide reference and research services to patrons (faculty, staff and students), in-person, by phone and virtually (e-mail and chat).
- Assist team of professional librarians with projects relating to areas such as:
- Systematic reviews of the literature
- Mobile resources
- Research impact assessments
- New technologies and resources
- Course-integrated instruction and library-sponsored workshops and presentations
- Online tutorials and courseware
- Research guides
- Contribute to the library’s social media accounts
- Tell us your ideas for self-defined projects in your area(s) of interest!
- Current graduate student in library or information science.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Service orientation.
- Experience or interest in searching health science databases.
- Experience or interest in participating on research projects.
- Attention to detail.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of:
Please write “Biomedical Library Internship” in the subject line.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
-- Elizabeth Martin, PHR HR Coordinator Library Human Resources email: email@example.com phone: (215) 898-3226 Van Pelt Library Room 239 3420 Walnut St Philadelphia, PA 19104-6206