BRANCH MANAGER II – Main Library
New Orleans Public Library
The Branch Manager of Main manages all the divisions within the public service areas of Main Library. The incumbent oversees programs, services, and operations for the Main Library including African American Resource Center, Youth Services, Circulation, Information and Reference, Louisiana and City Archives, Periodicals, Arts and Recreation. The incumbent also works to manage collections, materials and spaces.
Essential Job Duties:
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Public Services, the Main Branch Manager:
· Works with Director of Public Services and Main staff to ensure Main Library is an inviting, attractive and safe space.
· Establishes or revises goals, procedures and schedules relating to Main Library public service operations.
· Manages, supervises, and participates in all daily service and support operations within the Main Library
· Oversees programs at Main Library and manages Main Library’s daily programming calendar and processes program fund requests.
· Coordinates emergency evacuation, safety and security procedures for Main staff and customers.
· Works with other departments/divisions (facilities maintenance, administration, Tech Services, IT, Business Office, etc.,) to assist in delivery of services at Main Library and to maintain a safe, functional and inviting space.
· Works closely with other branch managers and library management to assure services are responsive to patron needs.
· Problem solves with Main staff to resolve customer complaints.
· Directs, supervises, motivates and evaluates Main department heads to ensure appropriate assignment of job duties to enhance maximum delivery of services.
· Participates in selecting, training, motivating and evaluating Main branch public service staff; provides or coordinates staff training within location; works with employees to correct deficiencies and implements discipline and termination procedures with guidance from Human Resource Director and Director of Public Service.
· Mentors and supervises Librarian I’s, II’s, and III’s.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining good communication practices among Main staff.
· Oversees the management and maintenance of collections housed in the Main Library including recommendations for new materials, space allotments, merchandising, weeding, etc.
· Oversees security staff at Main library.
· Makes recommendations to the Director of Public Services for budget expenditures for Main.
· Participates on system-wide initiatives and committees as required by supervisor.
· Serves in rotation with other Branch Managers as weekend and/or evening Branch-Manager-In-Charge (BMIC).
· Works with members and organizations in the New Orleans community to enhance library services and represents the Library in community organizations in the service area.
· Upholds policies established by Library Board and Administration.
· Maintains and reports statistics and prepares reports for the Main Library.
· Contributes to the planning and development of capital improvement projects; work with architects and consultants relative to branch improvements in conjunction with administrative and facilities staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of practices, procedures, techniques, material, and technology used in the provision of professional library services, including general reference, classification, cataloging, acquisition, circulation, collection development, adult and children’s library services.
· Knowledge of City and state agencies that work with and serve the Library.
· Ability to select, supervise, train, assign, and review work; administer discipline, and conduct performance evaluations for assigned staff in a manner conducive to full performance and morale.
· Knowledge of library administration, divisions, interests and priorities.
· Ability to communicate effectively regarding library projects, functions, resources, policies and procedures.
· Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures in carrying out assigned duties, prioritizing responsibilities, and meeting deadlines.
· Ability to problem-solve issues related to patron complaints and library services.
· Ability to coordinate, manage, and evaluate library services, activities, policies and procedures, objectives, and resources to community groups, and library patrons.
· Ability to organize own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
· Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively, establish and maintain effective working relations, and provide excellent customer service to all library stakeholders.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and articulate ideas, concepts and proposals in correspondence, memoranda, reports and other documents.
· Ability to use library related professional tools and software applications (MS Office, catalog database, reference databases)
· Master’s Degree In Library Science from an ALA-accredited graduate library school
· Four (4) years of experience as a professional librarian, two (2) years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity in public service at an urban public library.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume before September 30, 2015 to Jason Johnson at email@example.com
For more information about the New Orleans Public Library, please visit www.nolalibrary.org