Library Administrator – revised
Nicholson Memorial Library System
Job Family: Administrator
Min: USD $68,507.00/Yr.
Mid: USD $89,053.00/Yr.
Target Hiring Range: $68,507.00 to $83,916.46
Type: Regular Full-Time
Responsible for managing financial operations of the Library System including revenue, budget and capital improvement project funds. Also responsible for managing professional library staff in the planning, implementation and evaluation of branch libraries, libraries’ technology planning and services, as well as facilities and grounds for the Department.
Number of Direct Reports (include titles): 1- Regional Branch Manager, 1- Technical Services Coordinator, 2 Neighborhood Branch Managers
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the annual operating and capital improvements program budgets; analyze revenue projections and monitor department expenditures.
- Manage business operations and facility maintenance for the central library and 3 branch libraries.
- Provides support to and oversight of three branch library managers, and library technical services coordinator.
- Manage library technology planning. Conduct research and make recommendations for improvements in library services and technology.
- Manage library operations in the absence of the Director.
Preferred Knowledge – Abilities & Skills:
- Experience as a director, assistant director or senior level manager of a medium-sized, multi-branch public library
- Experience developing and managing expenditures for municipal operating budgets and capital improvements programs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of public library operations and services
- General knowledge of Library Web 2.0 technology
- General knowledge of library ILS and web portal enhancements
- Comprehensive knowledge of staff training and personnel issues
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and graphics programs
- Advance skills in planning for library service improvements and implementing change
- Ability to work cohesively with vendors and with the public
- Ability to manage a diverse group of employees and interact well with the public
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to perform a moderate amount of bending, squatting, stooping, lifting, and stretching
Licenses & Certifications: Valid Class C Texas driver’s license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions: The incumbent works in a typical library environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Occasional outside work.
· Customer Focus
· Decision Making/Judgment
· Managing for Results
· Managing Performance
· Negotiation Skills
· Organizational Savvy
· Strategic Thinking/Management
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
· Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school or university
· 6 years of progressively responsible professional public library experience required
· 4 years of administrative level budget planning and capital project fund management responsibility required
· 4 years library management experience
· Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
[The original job announcement may be found here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lalibjobs/conversations/messages/3868 ]