Master Data Management (MDM), Data Governance (DG) and Data Quality (DQ) Practice Lead, Plano, TX
Overview – Dell has been providing Information Management (IM) services to its customers for over 15 years. Today Dell provides information management services to over 50 active customers across various industries. Recognizing that effective use of data by an organization is what is going to differentiate it from competition and help them succeed in this digital age, Dell has established the Information Management practice within Dell as part of the Business Intelligence and Analytics group. The other practices in this group are Business Intelligence & Performance Management, Advanced Analytics and Big Data.
The charter of the IM practice is to enable a robust and forward looking information fabric for organizations that can be used to run their business processes efficiently and use data for making informed decisions. The key IM disciplines addressed by this practice are:
• IM Strategy
• Data Architecture
• Data Governance
• Data Integration
• Data Migration
• Metadata Management
• Data Quality
• Master Data Management
• Enterprise Data Warehousing
• Information Lifecycle Management
The IM practice is responsible for evaluating IM market trends and demands, developing Dell’s point of view (POV) on relevant topics, continually enhancing Dell’s technology capabilities and positioning these capabilities to Dell’s customers, partners, sales and project teams.
As the MDM, DG, and DQ Practice Lead, you will be a senior member in the practice reporting into the IM Practice Head. You will be expected to play a strong role in executing Dell’s IM practice strategy. You will lead practice initiatives for many of the above identified IM disciplines by working very closely with customers and technology partners, and internally with sales and delivery teams. Your success will be measured how effectively you have been able to raise Dell’s capabilities in the identified disciplines by developing POV’s, frameworks, methodologies, industry solutions. You will be supported by a small team of highly skilled consultants.
– Carry out extensive market research to understand industry drivers influencing demand for MDM and data quality solutions and services.
– Formulate POV based on research, customer and partner interactions and position this externally and within Dell.
– Conceptualize relevant service offerings that can address market demand and build capabilities in these offerings. Capability development in MDM and Data Quality will include developing approaches, architectures, methodologies, best practices, technical artefacts etc
– Conceptualize and develop industry solution that bring tangible benefits to customers.
– Ensure Dell staff have necessary skills and experience in the identified disciplines by arranging external/internal trainings and regular interactions.
– Work with Dell marketing teams in positioning these capabilities on Dell website, with industry analysts and at other relevant forums
– Pay an advisory role to customers and prospects on MDM, Data Governance and Data Quality disciplines
– Lead consulting engagements on the above disciplines at customer locations
– Work with the identified key alliance partners and software vendors to jointly develop and own GTM plans
– Assist pre-sales team with RFI/RFP responses
– Mentoring of IM consultants
– Assist delivery teams with strategic guidance on a need basis
– 10+ years of experience in Information Management
– Atleast 3 full implementations of MDM initiatives as an Information architect.
– Have a strong client consulting background in the mentioned areas.
– Hands on experience on atleast two MDM technologies Informatica, IBM, Oracle etc.
– Hands on experience on atleast one data profiling and one data cleansing tools
– Strong consulting and architecture experience in Information Strategy and Architecture
– Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and group facilitation capabilities
– Self-starter Superior problem solving and decision-making capabilities
– Must have expert knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, technologies, architecture and resources in the mentioned disciplines
– Certifications in relevant technologies will be an added advantage
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
– Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
-When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
-Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
-We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
-Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job: Services IT – Systems Integration
Primary Location: North America-US-TX-Plano
Shift: Day Job