Science Research and Instruction Librarian – Tisch Library – (15001403)
The Tisch Library at Tufts University supports teaching, learning, and the creation and dissemination of scholarship in the School of Arts & Sciences and School of Engineering. With an ambitious strategic plan and research agenda, Tufts is a dynamic institution rising in prominence. Through the provision of collections, subject expertise, and technology-rich research and learning environments Tisch library plays a critical role helping advance the mission of the University.
The Research & Instruction Department provides and develops services to meet the information needs of the staff, students, and faculty in the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering. Reporting to the Team Lead for Sciences and Social Sciences, the successful candidate will partner with faculty and students to assess needs and identify opportunities to collaborate, incorporate information resources into the curriculum, design course-based and open workshops, provide research consultation services, and develop new services and programs to support teaching, learning, and scholarship in the Sciences. Hallmarks of success will include building strong partnerships, deepening engagement, contributing to strategic user services projects and initiatives, and leveraging technology to collaborate with students, faculty, and staff. As a member of the Research & Instruction Department, this librarian will participate in the First Year Education Program, provide drop-in reference services, serve on Tisch Library and interlibrary teams, and help build a culturally diverse educational environment reflecting the library’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• BA or BS; Master of Library Science or equivalent experience working in a research or academic setting.
• Understanding of the teaching, learning, and research environments in the Sciences.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• User-centered service orientation with a demonstrated awareness of current trends in libraries and higher education.
• Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse community.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Undergraduate degree concentrated in the Sciences, or equivalent knowledge of the disciplines.
• Experience working with scientists in an academic or research environment.
• Demonstrated teaching ability.
• Skill in developing, organizing, and maintaining web-based information resources.
• Familiarity with principles of scholarly communications, data management and curation practices in the Sciences.
• Desire to learn user needs and recommend solutions to improve library service.
Special Work Requirements:
Requires flexible schedule to work with occasional evening and early morning classes.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Tisch Library
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jun 25, 2015, 1:58:42 PM