Lillian A. and Robert L. Turchin Library in the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana ( http://www.freeman.tulane.edu/ ), seeks candidates for a Librarian I or II position, depending upon qualifications, with a starting date as soon as practicable. Turchin Library offers the opportunity for entrepreneurial initiative and leadership in all aspects of business librarianship.
Under supervision of the head business librarian, this position is responsible for the design and delivery of quality curricular, instructional and resource management services to support the business education and research mission and objectives of the Freeman School. Additional responsibilities include supervising and training student assistants for daily service desk operations, and directing student assistants in special projects. This position also serves as a liaison to specific units within the Freeman School. In Turchin Library, librarians work collaboratively to accomplish the necessary cataloging and technical responsibilities to maintain and analyze its print collections and electronic resources.
The primary mission of Turchin Library is to serve the research needs of the students, faculty, and staff of the Freeman School of Business. Located within the Freeman School building, Turchin Library contains a financial analysis lab, study commons, and a research center. The library maintains a small print collection with additional materials in an off-site location. The library also maintains research and professional journals and databases.
The position requires an ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree. The Freeman School prefers applicants to have at least two-years of experience as a librarian in an academic library or corporate information center; an MBA or other business degree is a plus. Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrated interest in business research and librarianship including knowledge of information sources, technologies and organizational principles relevant to the modern business library;
- Demonstrated familiarity with instruction program planning processes such as curriculum mapping and with learning resources including research guides and online tutorials;
- Demonstrated understanding of scholarly communication in business disciplines;
- Strong and effective communications and interpersonal skills;
- Team oriented, creative, service-oriented approach to patron support and problem solving and demonstrated confidence working with colleagues at all levels;
To apply for this position please submit an application letter discussing the match of your qualifications and experience with this opportunity, the names and contact information of three appropriate references, and a current resume to http://apply.interfolio.com/30827 .
Tulane librarians, while not tenured, enjoy many of the benefits of faculty. Salary is competitive with excellent benefits including tuition waiver and tuition exchange programs. Business librarians have the opportunity to attend annual professional conferences and are expected to contribute and engage professionally.
This position is open until filled.