Data & Electronic Content Information Specialist
Federal Reserve Bank of NY
Research & Statistics
Primary Location: NY-NYC
Full/Part Time: Full time
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
The Data & Electronic Content Information Specialist is responsible for providing support in guiding acquisitions and electronic content from request through receipt. This role works with Bank staff to identify, acquire, and manage data and electronic content to meet time sensitive research needs. The Data & Electronic Content Specialist informs and contributes to the assessment and acquisitions process by serving as the first point of contact for data investigation, assisting with product evaluations, coordinating with data catalogers to capture key meta-data, and acting as a liaison to the offices involved in the acquisition process. This position works closely with staff throughout the licensing process including economists, vendors, technical, Legal , Procurement, and Bank and System wide data workgroups.
· Serve as facilitator/coordinator of data product knowledge for the Bank
· Support the development of data products and data catalogs available through the Bank and System
· Share knowledge of existing data products in the market and understand the current state and trends in data services and analysis tools
· Investigate product alternatives
· Negotiate competitive pricing with vendors for requested data products
· Communicate information about services and data sets so that customers are able to search, browse and discover meta-data of available datasets that meet their needs
· Coordinate and/or participate with data product demos and vendor training
· Collaborate with peers System wide to promote efficiencies and information sharing
· Build relationships with vendors for improved customer service and communications of existing and new data products, services, and tools
· Experienced Market Data Manager and/or Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science from and ALA accredited institution.
· 5-7 years of data management experience.
· Knowledge of major data providers and their products (for example: S&P, Thomson Reuters)
· Strong familiarity with economics, banking, finance related information/data resources
· Experience in negotiating contracts and pricing for data and electronic content
· Knowledge of meta-data standards and best practices
· Strong decision making skills using independent judgment, including the ability to approach problems creatively and implement new ideas
· Ability to work well in a collaborative team-based environment and independently, as required
· Ability to supervise the work of others including delegating work
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects and track workflow efficiently. Strong multitasker.
· Hands on experience with major commercial data products is a plus
To Apply visit http://www.newyorkfed.org/careers/current_openings.html and enter job number: 242268
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.