Yale-NUS College seeks innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professionals to provide research assistance and instruction, and build collections to support the teaching, learning and research needs of the YaleNUS community. You will undertake subject responsibilities in support of the Science faculty, and lead in one or more of the following operational areas: instructional services, reference and research services, web services and outreach. You will work closely with faculty, students and colleagues, promoting an engaged, proactive style of service supportive of the Yale-NUS College living and learning environment.
Reporting to the Librarian of the College, you will:
· Provide reference and research services, to enhance the information-seeking experience of students, faculty and staff, including individual consultations and some evening and weekend desk shifts
· Develop and teach library instruction and information literacy classes and workshops to help our students effectively find and discerningly use a variety of information resources.
· Serve as a liaison to academic divisions
· Coordinate and perform collection development in assigned subject areas to support curriculum and research needs
· Develop, promote and assess library services in assigned operational areas. Provide training and documentation as required
· Create, develop and maintain instructional tools, aids, guides and web content for assigned areas
· Collaborate on group efforts and participate in the planning and implementation of library programmes and projects
· Engage in continuous professional development and represent the Library in college and university committees
· Perform other duties as assigned
· A good university degree, preferably in the sciences AND a master’s degree in library and information management
· Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience in instruction and reference, preferably in an academic library setting
· Be highly service-oriented and enjoy supporting users in their scholarly as well as co-curricular pursuits
· Able to work independently and as a team
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
· Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
· Strong organisational and project management skills
· Proficient in the use of technology, library systems (such as Innovative Interfaces’ Millennium) and social media, with a strong interest in pedagogy and emerging library technologies
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com