Social Sciences Librarian
The Georgia Tech Library invites applications for an innovative social sciences librarian to join the newly formed Community Engagement & Scholarly Outreach Department, which consists of liaison librarians and digital initiatives librarians who collaborate on services, outreach programs, engagement activities, repository services, scholarship initiatives and instruction. Applicants should be eager to shape change, should welcome a service model where they actively engage faculty and students through direct outreach and should have a knowledge and interest in the evolving roles of research libraries in the changing landscape of higher education.Applicants should be committed to the vision of the Library Renewal. Information about the Library Renewal is available athttp://renewal.library.gatech.edu
· Design innovative programming and services in support of the Library Renewal initiative
· Provide leadership and coordination for liaison activities in the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts Schools of Economics and International Affairs and the College of Sciences School of Psychology
· Cultivate new models of engagement by partnering with faculty, staff and students
· Provide outreach to the schools, including in-depth research consultations and orientations.
· Perform collection development responsibilities in assigned areas and in support of centralized collecting activities
· Develop and deliver technology rich, curriculum-integrated instruction in assigned liaison areas. In collaboration with the First Year English Instruction Librarian and the Multimedia Instruction Librarian, provide course-integrated instruction for introductory (ENG1101/1102) English courses, as well as ongoing stand-alone library workshops tailored toward technology, multimedia and design.
· Collaborate with library specialists to provide a full suite of Library services/resources to the schools, including data service assistance, promotion of the institutional repository, and advice and education on scholarly communication and copyright/fair use guidelines
· Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
· Two years of experience as a social sciences librarian and a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a social sciences or related discipline
· Instruction experience
· Familiarity with emerging technologies and with trends in teaching with technology in higher education.
· Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data analysis tools (e.g. SPSS, STATA, or NVivo)
· Ability to adapt design thinking principles into continually improving spaces, processes and services
· Ability to work independently and as a team member, to assume multiple responsibilities and to assess and shift priorities in a rapidly changing environment
· Demonstrated leadership abilities
· Excellent presentation skills
· Commitment to outreach and service
· Experience in an academic library
· Experience in delivering reference services
The position will be appointed as a member of the Instructional Faculty of the Georgia Tech Library, is non-tenure track and is subject to the review and promotion process for all Georgia Tech librarians and archivists. As a member of the Georgia Tech library faculty, the incumbent will have an effort distribution of 80% excellence in assigned duties, 10% scholarship, and 10% professional service.
Salary and Rank: Salary and rank commensurate with credentials and experience. This is a full-time faculty appointment.
If interested in this position, please submit your curriculum vitae (CV) / resume and cover letter as one document to the Georgia Institute of Technology Library’s Human Resources department by using the following link: https://goo.gl/CwmUK3
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. The University has a strong commitment to diversity and encourages applications from candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds.