Temporary Assistant Librarian (6 months contract)
Yale-NUS College seeks an energetic, service-oriented individual to process orders for books and materials, process interlibrary loan requests, coordinate document delivery and manage placement of books, chapters and articles on the reserve system. He/She will assist librarians with online systems work as well as helping users at the circulation desk, performs loans, returns, hold requests and fills.
The duties include:
· Order and receive books, videos and other materials, both for the permanent collection and for interlibrary loan, document delivery and course reserves services
· Assist in processing interlibrary loan and document delivery requests
· Process requests for course reserves electronically and in by adding print materials to the Library’s Reserve Books/Readings collection
· Order new materials and remove and return materials as required
· Assist in ensuring that document delivery and electronic reserves transactions are compliant with copyright law
· Coordinate with faculty, students, staff, vendors, libraries and other institutions and help to manage the distribution and retrieval of borrowed materials
· Maintain a procedure manual and statistical records
· Provide service desk coverage, including help with databases and other web-based resources
· Assists in locating and using books in the collection
· Perform basic administrative tasks and other duties as required
· Bachelor or Diploma qualifications
· Experience in Library will be preferred
· Independent, meticulous, possess good working attitude and interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.