Position Title: Academic Librarian
Annual Salary: $45,632.48 – $47,229.62
Location: As Terlaje Campus, Saipan
Opening Date: 09/04/2015
Closing Date: 09/19/2015 or Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates and conducts information literacy instruction for multiple courses at NMC.
· Provides specialized and general reference services to the college community.
· Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities such as serving on committees and creating composite reports.
· Provides high-quality customer service to students, staff and faculty.
· Assists patrons in the use of the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), internet resources, and online databases.
· Scheduled hours may include evening or weekend shifts as necessary.
· Provides library support for the college’s distance learning program.
· Creates and updates web content for the library.
· Assists in collection development, acquisitions, and weeding as part of an annual review process.
· Participates in projects in the CNMI Archives.
· Supports operations in the Curriculum Resource Center (CRC), an education library held in concert with the School of Education.
· Provides high-quality student and internal and external customer service.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Programs and Services.
· Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a U.S. Department of Education recognized and accredited institution.
· Demonstrated commitment to academic research and information literacy instruction.
· Familiarity with Integrated Library System management, original cataloging, open source applications, and library metadata schema.
· Prior experience in an academic library.
For the complete job posting and application information, please visit http://www.marianas.edu/content.php?id=4&cat=283
For more information, contact Christopher Todd, Director of Library Programs and Services: email@example.com
Application review will begin September 21, 2015.