Position: Reference and Educational Technology Librarian
Salary: $45,000 with an excellent benefit package
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
General Position Description: The University of Mary Washington Libraries seeks a knowledgeable, tech-savvy, and service-oriented Librarian to join the staff of the Stafford Campus Library. As part of this team-centered library system, this Librarian will support the research and instruction needs of the Stafford Campus community – focusing mainly on education and nursing. The Reference & Educational Technology Librarian will also investigate and support the use of current and emerging instructional technology; provide circulation, technical, and public service support in the Stafford Campus Library during scheduled hours, which will include evenings and some Saturdays. This Librarian will also actively explore methods of spreading the message of the library and its services to the students and faculty of UMW and to K-12 educators in the local area. Additionally, the individual in this position will participate in the selection of materials for the Stafford Campus Library’s collections and maintain library research/subject guides.
– Master’s Degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s program (MLS/MLIS) OR a master’s degree with a specialty in school librarianship from a program recognized by AASL in an educational unit accredited by CAEP.
– Experience providing research support to students and faculty (online and campus based);
– Knowledge of library databases;
– Knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products;
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment;
– Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
– Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically with diverse students, faculty, staff, and community users.
– Undergraduate degree or related research experience with the subject areas of education or nursing.
– Previous experience in an academic library;
– Experience in marketing library services to students and faculty;
– Experience with K-12 curriculum materials collections in academic libraries or public schools;
– Experience in a health sciences library;
– Experience teaching library instruction or experience supporting and training others in the use of educational technology;
– Experience providing circulation services or inter-library loan services;
– Knowledge of current and emerging educational technologies and how they can be utilized in classroom or library settings;
– Knowledge of social media and its application in libraries.
For the complete job posting and application information, please visit: https://careers.umw.edu/postings/3427.
Application Deadline: October 9, 2015