The Merrill-Cazier Library at Utah State University seeks an innovative and service-oriented librarian to develop instructional materials utilizing emerging technologies that enhance the learning experience of students and faculty within the University, regional campuses, and online programs. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in learning pedagogy, developing online instructional tools, and serving the needs of online students and faculty.
Reporting to the Head of Reference & Instruction, the position is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty appointment. This position works both independently and collaboratively to develop online learning materials and promote online and distance education library initiatives. This position will closely collaborate with the Library Coordinator for Regional Campuses and E-Learning to develop online learning tools and promote and assess library services for regional campuses and centers, and other campus units.
- Develop and assess learning modules and instructional materials for interactive broadcast and online formats, including English composition and disciplinary courses;
- Assess the needs of regional campus and distance education faculty and students, and assess the effectiveness of instructional initiatives, including meeting with faculty, students, and staff at regional campuses and centers throughout Utah;
- Collaborate with subject librarians to develop lesson plans, online tutorials and help guides;
- Work with instruction librarians and other library staff to develop and maintain effective user interfaces for students and faculty;
- Serve as a subject librarian to one or more academic disciplines, including face-to-face instruction and reference service;
- Participate in professional development opportunities relevant to the needs of the position.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree, earned or near completion
- Interest in instructional design and online pedagogy
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in distance education
- Interest in learning new technologies and working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to set and follow through on individual and team priorities
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet the university’s requirements for tenure
- Understanding of issues with developing and assessing learning modules and delivering and assessing online library instruction
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Project management experience
Salary: $40,000 plus an excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, with 14.2% of your annual gross earnings contributed into a retirement program by the University ($5600 annual value), and 22 days vacation. See https://hr.usu.edu/benefits/ for a full list of benefits. The Library provides generous support for professional development and travel.
Utah State University is a multi-campus land-grant institution serving a student population of 29,000. The main campus is situated in the beautiful Cache Valley 80 miles north of Salt Lake City and offers an affordable cost of living and a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities with access to many national parks and ski resorts. The university is a place of diverse thought, with first-rate cultural offerings provided by talented members of the university community and visiting artists and researchers.
Apply online at: https://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=760