ArcelorMittal – Global R&D
Information Specialist, Library Resource Centre
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products – from cans to cars.
Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Around the world, the ArcelorMittal Group employs 240,000 employees in 60 countries and looks to flagship sites like ArcelorMittal Dofasco to develop new technology and products that are fundamentally transforming tomorrow.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s iconic motto Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. ® Is a true expression of our belief that people are the company’s competitive advantage. Underpinning this are our values of Quality, Sustainability and Leadership – brought to life by generations of employees who have come to work for more than 100 years creating world class products, processes and services.
Corporate responsibility is paramount to our operations and our commitment spans four pillars: investing in people, enriching our community, making steel sustainable and transparent governance. Combined, our company and employees invest approximately $2 million annually in education, arts and culture; health and social services; the environment as well as sports and recreation, while our Team Orange volunteers work with local charities, organize fundraising events, donate blood, and log thousands of volunteer hours each year. In addition to Dofasco, ArcelorMittal‘s Canadian operations include extensive iron ore mines as well as long and tubular steelmaking facilities.
Provide pertinent and timely information to business/technical customers in an actionable form. Educate customers to be competent and discriminating consumers of information. Sustain the corporate information and knowledge base to aide in promoting increased productivity through the reuse of information/knowledge.
Source of Supervision
Manager Library Resource Centre
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute in-depth information research using a variety of information resources, displaying expert search skills and cost effective search techniques. Organize, summarize and present information in an actionable form.
- Build and maintain relationships with Library Resource Centre (LRC) stakeholders (Global R&D, Dofasco Technology groups; marketing, commercial, financial and Learning & Development) to ensure effective exchange of information/knowledge and provide proactive information services.
- Determine best practices for information transfer from LRC to staff to LRC customers
- Advise LRC customers on developing information research strategies and teach them to make optimal use of information resources delivered to their desktops.
- Sustain, grow, and promote the self-serve information model and knowledge management initiatives implemented by the LRC Manager through outreach activities.
Masters of Library and Information Science and some job related experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus a Library Technician’s Diploma and 2 to 4 years of job related experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skill are required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills are required.
- Intermediate personal computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Access is an asset.
- Intermediate skills in presenting to groups and training staff.
- Intermediate information research skills which can use a variety of primarily Internet based information tools, with the demonstrated ability to summarize research findings is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of information management practices and procedures is required.
- Intermediate business and technology content knowledge is required.
- General knowledge of business management practices is an asset.
- Willingness to acquire steel related process, equipment and product knowledge is required eg. Metallurgical Certificate or in-house steel metallurgy and process courses is required.
- Working knowledge of spoken French, Portuguese and/or Spanish would be an asset
Office environment with occasional exposure to the manufacturing environment Occasional (1-2 times per year) travel to other ArcelorMittal locations and/or international conferences.
Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are days, Monday to Friday, (40 hr. work week) with extended hours as required to meet project deadlines or resulting from periods of peak workload.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume directly to our website athttps://arcelormittal.silkroad.com/.
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.