Library Information Associate (Digital), University of Arizona Libraries, Special Collections, Tucson
Assist with digital preservation, forensics, digital collections and processing. Prepare collections for ingest into digital preservation system, create disk images of born-digital materials, assign metadata for collections. Process analog and paper-based archival collections and create finding aids. Min Quals: Bach degree + 2yr related library experience; OR, 6 yr library exp; familiarity with digital curation and archival concepts and best practices. $30,248-36,618 annually/DOE. Full UA benefits. 1st review of apps begins 10/13/15. OTF. See full details and apply: http://uacareers.com/postings/5970. Complete an application, attach resume and letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications are fitting for this position. For questions re: app system: 520-621-3662; TDD 621-8299 (M-F 8-5). For questions about Libraries or search, contact Martina Johansen 520-621-8035 or email@example.com.
• Familiarity with digital curation concepts, and best practices.
• Familiarity with archival concepts and best practices.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree AND two years related library experience; OR six years related library experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Familiarity with digital forensic, concepts, and tools.
• Knowledge of one or more digital repository systems, including DSpace and Omeka.
• Knowledge or experience with metadata schema, including Dublin Core, METS, PREMIS, and EAD.
• Experience processing archival collections with appropriate professional standards, such as DACS.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative with the ability to solve problems independently.
• Ability to work with established guidelines, procedures and deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment, work with diverse people and serve a diverse population.
• Advanced computing skills.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to lift items up to 40 pounds and use a step stool to retrieve materials from shelves.
The University of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer-M/W/D/V.