Join The University of Arizona, Libraries, Delivery, Description and Acquisitions (DDA) department that manages acquisitions for all library material requested for the collection. Interact with vendors, users and professional staff to place and track orders using the Libraries’ integrated library system (Innovative). Work with technical group to catalog materials in all formats, and on digital projects requiring the assignment of metadata to digital objects for ingestion into the Libraries’ repository systems. M-F 8am-5pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Orders library material requested by internal and external clients.
• Interacts with a variety of vendors and vendor systems, and continually monitors and responds to changes in vendors, vendor contracts and services.
• Participates in the work required to support a complex patron driven acquisitions program, including batch loading of catalog records, data remediation, analysis and problem-solving.
• Provides required documentation to accounting staff for processing payments for purchases made, and adheres to University policy regarding financial transactions.
• Catalogs library material in all formats for discovery and access by clients of our UA Libraries.
• Creates and applies descriptive metadata of digitized material for the UA Libraries using appropriate metadata schema for ingestion in various digital asset management systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively as well as independently in a busy, fast-paced environment.
•Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated commitment to continual professional development, improvement and learning.
• Initiative, optimism, flexibility and follow through.
• Excellent analytical, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree AND two years related library experience; OR six years related library experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
• Experience working with a Library Management System (LMS), preferably Innovative Interfaces Millennium, including an understanding of bibliographic, order and item-level records.
• Knowledge or experience with acquisitions processes within a large university research library.
• General knowledge of academic publishers and publishing practices.
• Familiarity with licensing requirements for electronic and media resources and methods for authentication for access.
• Knowledge, experience or skills in cataloging library materials in all formats using appropriate cataloging applications, resources, schemas and rules such as RDA, LCSH, LC Classification, MARC-21, etc.
• Solid experience with technology and familiarity with trends in the delivery of electronic information.
• Experience creating metadata for digital collection repositories in non-MARC metadata formats and awareness of established and emerging metadata trends.
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay $30,248 – $36,618 Annually – DOE
To see full details and to apply: See Job #S20614 at http://uacareers.com/postings/6115.
Complete an application form and attach a resume and letter of interest that describes how your experience and qualifications are fitting for this position.
First Review Date: 10/19/15.!
Open Until Filled.
The University of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer-M/W/D/V.