Full-Time Youth Services Librarian (Librarian I)
Lawton Public Library
This full-time librarian position is responsible for developing and leading children and teen programming. Duties include providing story time and implementing activities – and so much more! Minimum qualifications include graduation from an ALA accredited college or university with an MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent education/experience. Applications are due by Monday, November 9 at 5 pm. $40,996.80/year plus benefits. For more information or to apply: http://www.cityof.lawton.ok.us/Library/employment.htm
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential
function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from an ALA accredited college or university with an MLS/MLIS degree
or equivalent education/experience.
- At least one year of experience working with youth.
- At least one year of experience in library setting or equivalent.
- Familiarity with computers and the internet.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured.
- Solid understanding of library theory.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office software and Web 2.0 software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Previous library experience and previous programming or event planning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit,
and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle,
feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.