Assistant Branch Librarian
Location: Spokane, WA
Department: MBI-Spokane Library
Reports to: Branch Librarian
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a Supervisory Position
Full-time or Part-time: Full-Time
Objective: The assistant branch librarian will assist in the provision and delivery of key public/technical services as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
* Provide quality customer service to students and faculty through promotion of MBI Library approved policy and procedures relating to reference, research, serials, circulation, reserve, ILL, information literacy, social media and other outreach services
* Work effectively with Branch Librarian and other faculty in designing, planning, and implementing an information literacy instruction and assessment program based on ACRL standards and course curriculum; promotes library instruction program to faculty and actively seeks opportunities to teach; utilizes new instructional technology and creates a learner-centered environment
* Teach/co-teach Foundations of Learning class sessions on metaliteracy and Logos Bible Software
* Host all new student orientations
* Serve as faculty liaison
* Assist with the selection, training, supervision, evaluation and development of staff members
* Participate in special library projects and other duties as assigned
* Catalog with current MARC 21, AACR2, LCSH, FRBR & RDA guidelines in LC classification, making adjustments as needed to bibliographic data in accordance with cataloging policies and rules for AACR2, MARC, FRBR and RDA, along with editing and importing bibliographic data into various ILS platforms
* Serve on library committees as well as special appointment to non-library service committees and task forces
* Continue to develop professionally by attending workshops and conferences
* Promote library services/resources, serving as library advocate
* Recommend and facilitate space planning
* Responsible for designated collection management activities including selection, de-selection, acquisition, evaluation and assessment of all resource formats in support of
curriculum needs at the local Branch level; posting and processing data for payment, inputting, ordering and invoicing data into specialized automated systems, searching standard print and online sources to verify data and availability of materials, interacting with vendors regarding claims, credits, duplicates and other issues relating to the ordering of materials
MLS/MLISc ALA-accredited degree required
Prior library experience
Prior academic library experience including a blend of public and technical services duties such as cataloging, collection development, reference and information literacy, electronic resource support, background in evangelical resources, familiarity with biblical languages, current technological experience including proven ability to access information from library databases and library service vendors, proven ability of delivering quality service to customers, potential ability to communicate successfully in multiplex system organization; demonstrated record as collaborative, team oriented player; proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision, evidence of competence, reliability, initiative, productivity, creativity, analytical and problem-solving ability; awareness and interest in current professional literature and development; Logos Bible Software competency
The ideal candidate is passionately curious, intellectually empathetic, emotionally literate, and experientially responsive.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and other specialized library equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is often required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
apply for this position at: http://www.moodyglobal.org/careers/.