Assistant Library Director/Collections Services Librarian
12-Month Non-tenure Track Librarian/Instructor
East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma
Do you want to…
· Enter administration?
· Make data-driven decisions focused on continuous improvement & public service?
· Engage in a wide range of valuable professional experiences?
· Work in a collaborative atmosphere?
· Use your creativity & enthusiasm to promote electronic resources?
If so, the Assistant Director’s opening at East Central University’s Linscheid Library may be a great fit for you.
· Implement strategic plan and mission goals to assist in the planning, organization, and direction of library operations and activities.
· Oversee electronic resources, periodicals, & interlibrary loan with a focus on facilitating access.
· Instruct students in library use and research skills in the classroom and at the Reference Desk.
· Serve as liaison to several academic departments, collaborating with faculty on research, collection development, information literacy curriculum development, and special projects.
· Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices.
· Lead and serve on library and university committees.
· Supervise one full-time staff member.
Linscheid Library is comprised of five librarians, seven staff members, and a director that work collaboratively to foster student success at ECU and within the community of Ada.
East Central University is a student-centered regional public university with an enrollment of 4,727 offering thirty-five undergraduate baccalaureate degree programs in arts and letters, business, education, mathematics and sciences, nursing and the social sciences; and nine master’s degrees in accounting, education, human resources, and psychology. ECU’s students come from 24 countries and 25 states.
ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, in the east central region of Oklahoma. Ada is the home of the Chickasaw Nation’s business headquarters, the Robert S. Kerr EPA Water Research Laboratory, and LegalShield. It offers a hometown feel, along with quality schools, restaurants, and other businesses.
Librarians with an ALA-accredited MLS degree & 3-4 years of experience are encouraged to apply. Electronic resources experience highly preferred. Excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, and data analysis skills required.
Send cover letter, resume, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, names/addresses/ phone numbers/emails of three professional references, and *Disclosure Statement to Stephanie Moss, Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, PMB D-2, Ada, OK 74820 or email@example.com. Application review will begin November 16, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE.