Moline Public Library
Promoting the power of lifelong learning to our diverse community
through quality resources and services
The City of Moline, IL and the Moline Library Board of Trustees are currently accepting applications for the position of Library Director.
$93,561 – $142,364
(Starting salary commensurate with experience and qualifications)
November 20,2015 by 5:00PM
APPLY ONLINE AT:
A resume and cover letter must be attached to your online application.
Questions may be directed to: Alison Fleming
Human Resources Manager
619 16th Street
Moline, IL 61265
Finalists will be interviewed by the Library Board and Human Resources.
City of Moline, IL • Library Director
THE COMMUNITY WE SERVE
The City of Moline is located in the heart of the Midwest, nestled between the banks of the Mississippi and Rock River in Rock Island County, Illinois. Home to 43,768 people
Master of Library Science degree from an accredited college or
university preferred plus five (5) years of experience as a librarian and as an administrator among
varied service areas provided by a
library; or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
The Library Director oversees a full-time staff of 28, including division coordinators, librarians, paraprofessionals and clerical staff, in a union-based environment. The Library is comprised of 4 divisions, including circulation, children’s, adult
reference and technical services.
Reports to a 9-member Library Board of Trustees and is a member of the City Administrator’s management team.
Characteristics of the Job
• Responsible for direction, management and strategic vision of the City library and library staff
• Prepares and administers operating and capital budgets
• Directs and coordinates library services or programs
• Serves as advisor to the Library Board of Trustees by providing analysis, recommendation and counsel on all aspects of the library operations
Full job description is available on the City’s website.
Successful candidate will be required to comply with the City’s current residency policy by residing within the corporate limits of the City.
In addition to a competitive salary, the City of Moline offers an outstanding benefits package that includes:
• Medical, dental and vision health insurance plan
• Participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
• 2.25% anniversary increase, as well as an annual cost of living increase which has averaged just over 2% over the last five years, both of which are subject City Council approval
• 13 paid holidays
• 13 paid vacation days during the first year; 18 paid vacation days per year for 2-6 years of service
• 12 paid sick days; 4 of which can be used as personal days
• Deferred compensation plans available for additional retirement savings- 457 Plan and Roth IRA
• On-Site City Nurse and wellness programs
Position entails considerable initiative, independent judgment and the ability to work with others to accomplish goals and objectives of the Library Board of Trustees, the Library, and the City.