Assistant Library Director/Librarian
Yearly salary of $27,000-$33,000 based on a minimum 32 hour work week. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- developing, presenting and evaluating library programs for adults, teens, and children,
- providing outreach to the community, including nursing and assisted living facilities and to homebound;
- assisting patrons with ready-reference questions and readers’ advisory, bibliographic instruction, database searching, and research;
- public service tasks such as checking materials in and out to patrons, answering telephones, and receiving payments for fines and fees;
- supervising and training Library clerks and aides in the performance of their tasks;
- preparing bibliographies, reports and publicity materials for the Library as directed;
- Assist with collection management
- Manage all library operations in the absence of the library director
The position requires:
- the ability to work well with fellow staff members and with the public;
- flexibility in performing different tasks and handling different levels of work;
- judicious use of off-desk time;
- knowledge of public library philosophy, practices, services, operations, and procedures and the ability to apply such knowledge to work performed;
- the ability to direct and supervise the work of others;
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including using social media;
- the ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, respond to varied/changing work demands and make decisions as required;
- the ability to use computer software and troubleshoot computer problems where appropriate;
- willingness to maintain skills through active participation in appropriate continuing education activities;
- physical ability to bend, stoop, push, reach, grasp, finger for writing and typing, lift, and carry up to 40 lbs.
- ability to listen to and communicate effectively with others in person and on the telephone.
- ability to assess visual cues. Far vision at 20 feet or further; near vision at 20 inches or less
Education and Experience:
- Two years of library experience preferred.
- Master’s of Library Science required.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Appointment and/or continued employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Megan Kloeckner at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4, 2015.
Eager Free Public Library
39 W. Main St.
Evansville, WI 53536