Position: Part-Time, Per Diem Instructional / Reference Librarian
The James E. Tobin Library is seeking experienced librarians to be available on an as-needed basis for reference and instructional services. This position does not have a set schedule; chosen candidates will be contacted as necessary to fill in during day, evening, or occasional weekend hours.
Reporting to the Director of the Library and the Associate Librarian for Reference Services, the Reference and Instructional Librarian provides tailored information instruction (both in a classroom and a one-on-one environment), reference and research services to students, faculty, staff and other users of the James E. Tobin Library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction and reference services to students, faculty members, and other users of the James E. Tobin Library.
- Develop customized classroom instruction sessions upon request.
- Teach research and search strategies to students in small and large groups and / or one-on-one sessions.
- Remain current in navigating academic resources held by the James E. Tobin Library.
- Other library related duties as assigned.
- At least two years of experience in an academic library, including prior experience teaching information instruction classes, is required.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
- Strong knowledge of academic databases.
- Ability to assist students from freshman year through doctoral programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High comfort level with teaching and good classroom management skills.
- Prior experience with medical databases such as CINAHL, Cochrane, and Ovid is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with English literature databases such as Artemis, MLA Bibliography, and JSTOR is highly desirable.
- Second master’s degree a plus.
- Experience with citation managers, especially RefWorks or ProQuest Flow is desired.
Please send resume and hours of availability to Nikki Palumbo, Associate Librarian Reference Services to:email@example.com or mail to:
Molloy College Library
Attn: Nikki Palumbo
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, New York 11571
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.