Assistant Library Manager
Level: Professional Staff Positions
Location: Operations Center – Tampa, FL Metro
Contact / Apply: Human Resources
Holland & Knight LLP is seeking an Assistant Library Manager to work in our Operations Center. The position will be primarily responsible for managing library services for the Tampa and Lakeland offices, and assisting the regional Library Managers with research and administrative duties for all domestic and international offices of the firm. The ideal candidate must have a progressive approach to the delivery of library services, demonstrate initiative, and work well independently. EOE, AA, M/F/D/V
· Research and resolve problems with vendors associated with shipments, lapsed subscriptions and claims regarding missing items or missing loose-leaf updates.
· Trouble-shoot problems with digital subscriptions in relation to delivery and access; manage the process of adding new users to digital subscriptions and the deletion of users who have left the firm.
· Perform cataloging of library materials using InMagic Genie; assist the firm’s regional Library Managers in integrating print collection with online resources..
· Perform interlibrary loan services.
· Conduct legal, legislative, and factual research and reference services for attorneys and staff utilizing electronic and print resources.
· Provide assistance and training, both in person and remotely, to end users on various electronic legal databases and web-based resources.
· Train and orient newly hired attorneys, paralegals and other professional staff in assigned offices on the services and resources available through the Library & Research Services Department.
· Serve as chief archivist for the firm’s historical documents, and maintain the collection of information.
· Familiarity with online legal research databases, including WestlawNext and Lexis Advance.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Working knowledge of basic web design and SharePoint helpful.
· Legal research skills (both print and electronic).
· Excellent customer service skills and the ability to excel under pressure.
· Flexibility to support attorneys and staff in multiple office locations using a variety of communication strategies.
· Familiarity with Library cataloging and the LC classification system.
· Excellent oral and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to work well under pressure.
· Ability to interact with IT staff to resolve technical issues involving the Library web portal and electronic web-based databases.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two to three (2-3) years law firm library experience, or recent graduate from an ALA accredited Master’s in Library Science program. MLS/MLIS preferred.
For more information visit: http://www.hklaw.com/Careers/Jobs/